All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany committed vegans, as well as those new to a plant-based diet, struggle to understand the nutritional aspects of veganism and how to ensure a healthy diet. This thorough and authoritative book draws on current research to present a wealth of useful and fascinating information on vegan nutrition, all in a concise and readable style. It covers all major topics including food groups, digestion and absorption, vitamins, minerals, how to prevent diet-related diseases, risks and benefits of a vegan diet, and descriptions of healthy vegan diets for all stages of life. Based on the first accredited college course in the US, this is a definitive reference guide for both long-term vegans and anyone who wants to transition (or help a child or partner transition) to a healthy plant-based diet.
- Author BiographyGeorge Eisman, director of nutrition for the Coalition for Cancer Prevention Through Plant-Based Eating, has been a registered dietitian for over thirty years. He has taught nutrition at Florida State University and Miami-Dade College (where he founded a certificate program in Vegetarian Studies), as well as at Broward College. Eisman has worked as a dietitian at Miami Children's Hospital and Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, as an assistant food service director at Wesley Woods Nursing Home in Atlanta, and as a public health nutritionist for the state health departments of Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. He is the author of two other books, The Most Noble Diet and Food Choices and Cancer: How Your Diet Affects Risk.
- Author(s)George Eisman
- PublisherVegan Publishers
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationDanvers
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVegan Publishers
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Width208 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kara Maria Schunk
Most relevant reviews
- measau201505 Nov, 2016by
Very informative, it was exactly what I was looking for.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.