All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a completely new in-depth field guide to the 1,070 bird species, including North American migrants, found in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, and western Nicaragua. More than 180 species are endemic to this region and the book details their appearance, voice, habitat, behaviour (including nests and eggs) and distribution. Range maps are included with species accounts, and introductory essays give essential background information, with special appendices summarizing useful information on the avifaunas of various offshore Pacific and Caribbean islands. The Guide's striking illustrations include 71 colour plates and 39 black-and-white drawings, based on the authors' field experience and in many cases detailing plumages never before illustrated. Authoritative and up-to-date, this is an essential reference work for every birdwatchers' collection.
- Author BiographySteve N. G. Howell and Sophie Webb are Research Associates at Point Reyes Bird Observatory, California.
- Author(s)Sophie Webb,Steve N. G. Howell
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/1995
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous colour plates, line drawings, and maps
- Weight1476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine47 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.