All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Guide to the Collision Avoidance Rules is the essential reference to the safe operation of all vessels at sea. Published continuously since 1965, this respected and expert guide is the classic text for all who need to practically and legally understand and comply with 'The Rules'. This seventh edition includes the full text of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, with practical discussion of the implications of the rules included alongside all updates seen over the years, including the most recent amendments which came into force in December 2007. The books sets out the 'COLREGs' with clear explanation of their meaning, and gives detailed examples of how the rules have been used in practice by seafarers, as well as excerpts from court judgments to illustrate how they have been interpreted in practice. Written for seagoing engineers, navigating officers, senior crew, cadets and those in training, plus ship operators, marine lawyers and anyone concerned with the safe operation of shipping, this is an essential reference at sea and on shore.
- Author BiographyMarine consultant and collision regulations expert, UK. Former International Maritime Organization (IMO) collision regulations committee member. Jan Lameijer has been actively engaged in matters related to COLREGS and Ships' Routeing as an advisor to the Netherlands Administration from 1969 until 2010. As a representative of the Netherlands Administration Jan has been active for about 35 years in working groups of the Sub-Committee of Safety of Navigation, concerning COLREGS and Ships' Routeing. For more than 10 years Jan acted as chairman of NAV-subcommittee working group on ships routeing. In recognition contributions to navigation, The Council of the Royal Institute of Navigation awarded Jan the Institutes Gold Medal for the year 2004.
- Author(s)Captain A. N. Cockcroft,J. N. F. Lameijer
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.