All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $29.43Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionA GUIDE TO THE I CHING, first published in 1980, was a guide to the Wilhelm/Baynes classic translation of the I Ching. It has w become a classic in its own right. This first psychological interpretation of the I Ching has been recognised until w by teachers and longtime students of the Wilhelm/Baynes translation, as indispensable to its understanding and use. Developed from tes taken over many years, the Guide mirrors the readers true inner feelings, helping them to bring their life and fate into harmony with the Tao the way of the Universe. The book has been translated into German, Spanish, Portuguese and Croatian, and has sold more than 150,000 copies worldwide. Readers have asked how this book differs from the book, I Ching, The Oracle of the Cosmic Way, co-written by Carol K. Anthony and Hanna Moog and published in 2002. After discovering a new method of consulting the I Ching and understanding its answers from the Sages viewpoint, the authors began to experience that the Sage that speaks through the I Ching wanted to correct a number of concepts that were written into the ancient text over the millenia, as well as to correct assumptions written into it by its translators. The cascading number of insights brought them to ask the Sage, Are we to write these insights into a new version of the I Ching? The answer came as an unqualified Yes. While A GUIDE TO THE I CHING has many gifts and insights and is a simpler introduction into the I Ching, the later book, I Ching, The Oracle of the Cosmic Way, clarifies the Cosmic Way that leads to success.
- Author BiographyCarol K. Anthony majored in creative writing at Ward Belmont College and the University of Iowa (1950), but did not find her medium until a friend brought her the I Ching in 1971, during a mid-life crisis. It was seven years later, when she realized that the notes she was keeping each time she experienced an Aha, (to something the I Ching was trying to get her to understand) would become her first book on that subject the popular A Guide to the I Ching. Ms. Anthony has been sharing her ever new Aha!s ever since in one well-received book after another: four by herself up until 1994, and three more in her collaborations with Hanna Moog, an expert publisher's editor on the I Ching in Germany. Put in her own words, The I Ching came to me at a time of personal crisis. Today, we live in a time of crisis; that need is everywhere. The I Ching showed me that crisis is also a time of opportunity the opportunity to connect with what we possess as inner resources, and with what we know in our deepest inner truth. It shows us that the solutions lie inside, not outside ourselves. In that regard, the I Ching mirrors to us our inner truth, which, when we follow it, leads to enduring success. It also shows us that when we act in harmony with that inner truth, the whole Cosmos supports what we do. Today, more than ever, this 3000 year old book is the only book I know that gives this kind of enduring help.
- Author(s)Carol K. Anthony
- PublisherAnthony Publishing Co. ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/1993
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationStow, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnthony Publishing Co. ,U.S.
- Content NoteN
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.