Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for buyers of standardbred yearlings, A Guide to the Lexington and Harrisburg Yearling Sales, contains almost 300 pages of information that has never been published. The author has created a metric to measure the success of the 5,685 horses sold at the Lexington and Harrisburg Sales from 2008 through 2010. Yearlings from these two sale venues must earn a minimum of $50,000 as two-year olds in order to be considered successful. The author provides a multitude of charts which illustrate the highest success rates in the production of these elite performers among sires, broodmare sires, crosses, farms, consigrs, raced and unraced dams, price, birth order and much more. The data is detailed by sale venue, gait and gender. The information and analysis will be invaluable for the prospective yearling buyer. Stan Bergstein said it best in his review of Carl's previous book Profiles of Two-Year Old Standardbreds Earning $50,000 and Up : If you are interested in being an informed buyer, if you like playing the percentages in your favor, if you want to operate with something more than a wing and a prayer when picking yearlings, then you had better go to the sales with a copy of Carl Palumbo's valuable and excellent work close by... The Lexington and Harrisburg Sales are highly competitive. Only 7.1% of the horses sold from 2008 - 2010 earned $50,000 or more at two. Using this book can increase the chances of getting that elusive, elite performer and provide an edge over other buyers. Going to the Sales without this book is like going to the races without a program. Chapter listing: Chapter 1: Success Rates by Sale Venue; Chapter 2: Success Rates by Price Range; Chapter 3: Success Rates by Hip Number Range; Chapter 4: Sire Success Rates; Chapter 5: Consigr and Farm Success Rates; Chapter 6: Broodmare Sire Success Rates; Chapter 7: Sire - Broodmare Sire Crosses; Chapter 8: Success Rates of Raced versus Unraced Dams; Chapter 9: Success Rates by Age of Dam; Chapter 10: Grand-dam Production; Chapter 11: Success Rates by Birth Order.
- Author BiographyCarl Palumbo is a retail executive whose passion for standardbred horse ownership began over thirty years ago. In the past dozen years he has worked to fill the statistical information gap that exists in Harness Racing. His first book, Profiles of Two-Year Old Standardbreds Earning $50,000 and Up, won high acclaim from such industry notables as Stan Bergstein. As an avid fan of the sport, Carl has sought to level the playing field for the small owner, who has a daunting task trying to compete and win at the annual yearling sales.
- Author(s)Carl Palumbo
- PublisherMane Street Publications
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMane Street Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.