All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains scriptural, theological, historical, and personal reflections on the words and phrases of the Lord's Prayer. Prayer can become routine. But if prayer is the most important activity in our lives we should spend time thinking about its meaning. We should consider what kind of person Jesus was and how Christians through the centuries have adopted and adapted his mission and message. Each of the 12 chapters in the book is divided into several parts, and each part offers a distinct perspective on the word or phrase under discussion. For example, we can consider the meaning of the kingdom to Jesus and his followers, the relationship of the church to the kingdom, and the ways in which our lives can help build up the kingdom of God in this world. Each chapter concludes with a prayer and a suggested meditation. The book offers fresh perspectives on a wide range of topics important to contemporary Christian living, including the sacraments as communal celebrations, the paradoxical demands of Jesus, the power of God working with an unfinished creation, and the need to place the needs of others before our own.
- Author BiographyOver the past 20 years Leo Gafney has worked in a number of parish educational ministries--most recently as an educational consultant. He has served as a school teacher and principal and worked in business. These professional activities, along with his personal experiences as husband and father, have provided a unique perspective on the importance of faith and prayer for the active Christian. He lives in Lakeville, CT.
- Author(s)Leo Gafney
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width139 mm
- Height144 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.