All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to all of Brecht's key plays that sets them in their historical, dramaturgical and political contexts Stephen Unwin provides a clear and readable guide to Brecht's plays that will prove invaluable to the student, teacher and theatre practitioner. Grouping and analysing plays chrologically according to their context, Unwin also considers Brecht's theory and looks at his impact and the legacy that he left. The Guide covers: * Three Early Plays and Expressionism * Two Music Theatre Pieces and Kurt Weill * Marxism and the Theatre * Opposition Plays * Five Great Plays * A Late Masterpiece * Theory and Practice * Brecht's LegacyWritten by the Artistic Director of English Touring Theatre and the author of a range of theatre studies books, this is a perfect companion to the plays of Brecht for the student and theatre practitioner.
- Author BiographyStephen Unwin's previous books include A Pocket Guide to 20th Century Drama, A Pocket Guide to Shake speare's Plays, A Pocket Guide to Ibsen, Chekhov & Strindberg and So You Want to be a Theatre Direct or?.
- Author(s)Stephen Unwin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/06/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePlays and Playwrights
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.