All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionA Guided Reader to Early Years and Primary English draws on extracts from the published work of some of the most influential education writers to provide insight, guidance and clarity about key issues affecting early years practitioners and primary English teachers. The book brings together key extracts from classic and contemporary writing and contextualises these in both theoretical and practical terms. The extracts are accompanied by a summary of the key ideas and issues raised, questions to promote discussion and reflective practice, and antated further reading lists to extend thinking. Taking a thematic approach and including a short introduction to each theme, the chapters cover: * Models of and approaches to early years and primary English; * Speaking and listening in English lessons: story-telling, drama, 'booktalk' and debate; * Reading and responding to texts in English lessons; * Writing in English lessons: finding a 'voice'; * Kwledge about language: grammar, spelling, punctuation and handwriting; * The rich landscape of children's literature; * Non-fiction in English lessons; * Planning, assessing and recording children's progress: the learning cycle. Aimed at trainee and newly qualified teachers, those working towards Masters level qualifications and all those involved in the teaching of early years and primary English, this accessible, but critically provocative text will be an essential resource for those that wish to deepen their understanding of early years and primary English education.
- Author BiographyMargaret Mallett taught in primary schools in Northumberland and Kent before taking up an academic career as Lecturer and then Senior Lecturer in Language and Education at Goldsmiths College, University of London. She is a member of the editorial team of The English Association's primary journal English 4-11, and reviewer of professional and children's books for Books for Keeps online and The School Librarian journal.
- Author(s)Margaret Mallett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.