All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new revised edition of the authoritative handbook for both newly elected and existing churchwardens. First published in 1921, this handbook has sold well over a million copies and has become the standard guide for churchwardens and members of PCCs. It is indispensable for all who wish to tread a clear path through the sometimes complex legislation and kw the rules and extent of their responsibility as elected Church officers. This new edition has been fully revised to take into account several new developments, including: changes in ecclesiastical law including, the revision of the Pastoral Measure 1983, the Dioceses' Pastoral and Mission Measure 2008, the new power to make Bishop's Mission Orders, and the introduction of Clergy Terms of Service; The Legal Advisory Commission's recommendations on PCCs powers and duties; and, health and safety issues. Flowcharts and checklists add to the usefulness of this volume, as do photocopiable legal forms and tices for practical purposes in parishes.
- Author BiographyTimothy J. Briden is a Barrister-at-Law of the Inner Temple, Vicar-General of the Province of Canterbury, Chancellor of the Diocese of Bath and Wells, Chancellor of the Diocese of Truro Member of the Legal Advisory Commission of the General Synod, Secretary of the Ecclesiastical Judges Association and a Member of the Rule Committee constituted under the Care of Churches and Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction Measure 1991. Kenneth M. MacMorran was barrister-at-law of the Inner Temple.
- Author(s)Kenneth M. MacMorran,Timothy Briden
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.