All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionA Handbook to the Reception of Ovid presents more than 30 original essays written by leading scholars revealing the rich diversity of critical engagement with Ovid s poetry that spans the Western tradition from antiquity to the present day. * Offers invative perspectives on Ovid s poetry and its reception from antiquity to the present day * Features contributions from more than 30 leading scholars in the Humanities. * Introduces familiar and unfamiliar figures in the history of Ovidian reception. * Demonstrates the enduring and transformative power of Ovid s poetry into modern times.
- Author BiographyJohn F. Miller is the Arthur F. and Marian W. Stocker Professor of Classics and Chair of the Department of Classics at the University of Virginia. His publications include Apollo, Augustus, and the Poets (2009) and Ovid s Elegiac Festivals: Studies in the Fasti (1991). Carole Newlands is Professor of Classics at the University of Colorado Boulder. Her publications include Statius: Poet between Rome and Naples (2012); Statius, Siluae 2, A Commentary (2011); Statius Siluae and the Poetics of Empire (2002); Playing with Time: Ovid and the Fasti (1995).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleHCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures, colour plates
- Weight968 g
- Width177 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCarole E. Newlands,John F. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.