All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.48
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- Description'A whole Gothic world had come to grief ...' Beautiful Lady Brenda Last lives at Hetton Abbey, a crumbling Gothic monstrosity that is her husband Tony's pride and joy. Bored and restless after seven years of marriage, she drifts into an affair with a worthless young socialite. Abandoning the country for the glamorous yet shallow London scene, Brenda imagines divorce will bring happiness. Instead she and Tony feel lost and isolated - victims of the wreckless times in which they live ...
- Author BiographyEvelyn Waugh was born in Hampstead in 1903 and educated at Hertford College, Oxford. In 1928 he published his first novel, Decline and Fall, which was soon followed by Vile Bodies, Black Mischief (1932), A Handful of Dust (1934) and Scoop (1938). During these years he also travelled extensively and converted to Catholicism. In 1939 Waugh was commissioned in the Royal Marines and later transferred to the Royal Horse Guards, experiences which informed his Sword of Honour trilogy (1952-61). His most famous novel, Brideshead Revisited (1945), was written while on leave from the army. Waugh died in 1966.
- Author(s)Evelyn Waugh
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Essentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight176 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.