All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>A Handful of Quiet</i> presents one of the best kwn and most invative meditation practices developed by <b>Thich Nhat Hanh</b> as part of the Plum Village community's practice with children. Pebble meditation is a playful and fun activity that parents and educators can do with their children to introduce them to meditation. It is designed to involve children in a hands-on and creative way that touches on their interconnection with nature. Practicing pebble meditation can help relieve stress, increase concentration, urish gratitude, and can help children deal with difficult emotions. <i>A Handful of Quiet </i>is a concrete activity that parents and educators can introduce to children in school settings, in their local communities or at home, in a way that is meaningful and inviting. Any adult wishing to plant seeds of peace, relaxation, and awareness in children will find this unique meditationguide helpful. Children can also enjoy doing pebble meditation on their own. Beautiful color illustrations by <b>Wietske Vriezen</b>, illustrator of <i>Planting Seeds</i> (ISBN-13: 978-1-935209-80-5) and <i>Mindful Movements</i> (978-1-888375-79-4).
- Author BiographyThich Nhat Hanh is one of the most revered Zen teachers in the world today. His best-selling books include<i> Happiness</i> and <i>Peace Is Every Step</i>. He lives in Plum Village in southwest France, where he teaches the art of mindful living. Illustrator Wietske Vriezen was born in Wassenaar, The Netherlands. She met Thich Nhat Hanh during a retreat in Holland in 2000 and was touched deeply by his mindfulness teachings and practices. Since then, she has illustrated a number of books based on the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, most recently <i>Planting Seeds</i> and <i>Mindful Movements</i>. She lives in Rotterdam, The Netherlands where she works as a psychologist with gifted children.
- Author(s)Thich Nhat Hanh
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Content NoteColour Illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width155 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.