A Historical Guide to Nathaniel Hawthorne by Oxford University Press Inc (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $82.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNathaniel Hawthorne remains one of the most widely read and taught of American authors. This Historical Guide collects a number of original essays by Hawthorne scholars that place the author in historical context. Like other volumes in the series, A Historical Guide to Nathaniel Hawthorne includes an introduction, a brief biography, a bibliographical essay, and an illustrated chrology of the author's life and times. Combining cultural criticism with historical scholarship, this volume addresses a wide range of topics relevant to Hawthorne's work, including his relationship to slavery, children, mesmerism, and the visual arts.
- Author BiographyLarry J. Reynolds is Professor of English and Thomas Franklin Mayon Professor of Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University. He is a former President of the Nathaniel Hawthorne Society and is currently the Executive Secretary of the Margaret Fuller Society.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleHistorical Guides to American Authors
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2001
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note22 halftones
- Weight293 g
- Width138 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byLarry J. Reynolds
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.