All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionChinese calligraphy has been an independent visual art form for thousands of years. Its wonderful aesthetics has inspired the art of Chinese painting since the second century B.C. Before pen and pencil were introduced to China, millions practiced the art of writing in ink. In the twentieth century, the art of calligraphy has t only fascinated modern Chinese who are part of this continuous tradition, but has also captured the interest and imagination of the world. This is the first proper history of Chinese calligraphy in English.
- Author BiographyTseng Yuho is former professor of art history at the University of Hawaii, as well as curator and consultant of Chinese art at the Honolulu Academy of Arts. Her publications are many and are considered classics of the genre. She retired from her official duties and teaching in 1985 and is now fully committed to her research work and creative painting.
- Author(s)Yuho Tseng
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight1769 g
- Width226 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.