Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone interested in the changing sources and functions of gold and money in Western society will be enlightened and at times diverted by Vilar's pioneering history. Beginning with a survey of the role of gold and the various currencies used in ancient and medieval societies, Vilar goes on to analyze the drive for gold and silver behind European voyages of discovery and conquest, and the subsequent impact on Western European ecomies of the influx of looted treasure. He concludes his comprehensive account with a fascinating discussion of the crisis of the 1920s.
- Author BiographyPIERRE VILAR was one of the most renowned of recent French historians. His magnum opus is a three-volume study of La Catalogue dans la France moderne (1962).
- Author(s)Pierre Vilar
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication28/03/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleWorld History Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.