All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book I have attempted to trace the development of numerical analysis during the period in which the foundations of the modern theory were being laid. To do this I have had to exercise a certain amount of selectivity in choosing and in rejecting both authors and papers. I have rather arbitrarily chosen, in the main, the most famous mathematicians of the period in question and have concentrated on their major works in numerical analysis at the expense, perhaps, of other lesser kwn but capable analysts. This selectivity results from the need to choose from a large body of literature, and from my feeling that almost by definition the great masters of mathematics were the ones responsible for the most significant accomplishments. In any event I must accept full responsibility for the choices. I would particularly like to ackwledge my thanks to Professor Otto Neugebauer for his help and inspiration in the preparation of this book. This consisted of many friendly discussions that I will always value. I should also like to express my deep appreciation to the International Business Machines Corporation of which I have the hor of being a Fellow and in particular to Dr. Ralph E. Gomory, its Vice-President for Research, for permitting me to undertake the writing of this book and for helping make it possible by his continuing encouragement and support.
- Author(s)Herman H. Goldstine
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/12/1977
- Series TitleStudies in the History of Mathematics & Physical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations
- Weight563 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.