All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first complete survey of the historical pitch standards used by musicians during the last four centuries. Written from a practical perspective and addressed to performers it is the first book to attach frequency values to pitch names and describe where, when, and why various historical pitch levels were used. It surveys a period from the 16th century to the present and focuses on Italy, France, Germany, the rthern and southern Netherlands, and the Habsburg Lands, following the developments in the design and function of instruments and how they influenced and were influenced by pitch changes.
- Author BiographyBruce Haynes was a part-time teacher at the University of Montreal. He published nearly 50 articles, a bibliography of oboe repertoire, and The Eloquent Oboe (2001).
- Author(s)Bruce Haynes
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note3 music scores, bibliography, index, footnotes
- Weight1053 g
- Width167 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.