Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.68Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first history of Silicon Valley from 1900 to 2013. It is a comprehensive study of the greatest creation of wealth in the history of the planet. It gives a chrological narrative covering a century of invation and entrepreneurship, from the establishment of Stanford University to the age of Google and Facebook. A group of case studies describes invations and narratives about radio, the US defense industry, HP, microchips, Fairchild Semiconductor and Intel, venture capital, Xerox PARC, software, Apple Computer, and the internet. Silicon Valley did t happen in a vacuum: this book also explores the surrounding social and cultural environment of the Bay Area.
- Author BiographyArun Rao is a Californian investor. He has previously contributed articles to the Economist magazine on business issues and the financial markets. Arun has worked at three investment firms, two of which are in Silicon Valley. He is a graduate of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and the UCLA Anderson School of Management. -- Piero Scaruffi has lived and worked in Silicon Valley since 1983, designing internet and artificial intelligence applications, originally at Olivetti's research labs. He has been a visiting scholar at Stanford University and a lecturer at UC Berkeley. In the 1990s he pioneered Internet journalism on his website Scaruffi.com. In 2006 the New York Times ran an interview with him titled The Greatest Website of All Time. He is the author of 17 books on subjects ranging from music to cognitive science.
- Author(s)Arun Rao
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.