All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA History of Video Art is a revised and expanded edition of the 2006 original, which extends the scope of the first edition, incorporating a wider range of artists and works from across the globe and explores and examines developments in the genre of artists' video from the mid 1990s up to the present day. In addition, the new edition expands and updates the discussion of theoretical concepts and ideas which underpin contemporary artists' video. Tracking the changing forms of video art in relation to the revolution in electronic and digital imaging that has taken place during the last 50 years, A History of Video Art orients video art in the wider art historical context, with particular reference to the shift from the structuralism of the late 1960s and early 1970s to the post-modernist concerns of the 1980s and early 1990s. The new edition also explores the implications of the internationalisation of artists' video in the period leading up to the new millennium and its concerns and preoccupations including post-colonialism, the post-medium condition and the impact and influence of the internet.
- Author BiographyChris Meigh-Andrews is Professor of Electronic & Digital Art and Director of the Electronic and Digital Art Unit at the University of Central Lancashire. He studied Fine Art at Goldsmiths and has a PhD from the Royal College of Art. A practising artist specialising in electronic & digital media, he has been exhibiting his videotapes, projections and installations internationally since 1978. His most recently completed work, The Monument Project (2009-2011) which produces a continuously updated time-lapse panoramic view from the top of the Monument in the City of London was commissioned by Julian Harrap Architects. In 2010 Meigh-Andrews was awarded a Diawa Foundation grant to research early artists' video in Japan.
- Author(s)Chris Meigh-Andrews
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.