All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of this collection lies in its origins: for the first time, leading Saudi Arabian historians have created a history of the Arabian Peninsula which analyzes that history from an internal Arabian perspective. The book explores the original Bedouin settlement of the region, the development of the major urban areas of Arabia during the Umayyad period, the socio-political and ecomic developments in the Hijad and Najd up to the eighteenth century into the modern era and the rise and development of the Saudi state. This book makes a major contribution to our understanding of the history of the Arabian Peninusla, t least because it provides a perspective from and a flavor of its local origins.
- Author BiographyFahd Abdullah Al-Semmari is the Editor-in-Chief of the literary periodical Al Darah Quarterly, and Secretary-General of the King Abdulaziz Foundation. He has a PhD in Modern History from the University of California.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- LanguageArabic & English & English
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFahd Al-Semmari
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.