Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe twentieth-century history of Njombe, the Southern Highlands district of Tanzania, can aptly be summed up as exclusion within incorporation. Njombe was marginalized even as it was incorporated into the colonial ecomy. Njombe's people came to see themselves as excluded from agricultural markets, access to medical services, schooling - in short, from all opportunity to escape the impoverishing trap of migrant labour.
- Author BiographyJames L. Giblin is Associate Professor of History at the University of Iowa.
- Author(s)James L. Giblin
- PublisherJames Currey
- Date of Publication20/10/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEastern African Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- ImprintJames Currey
- Content Noteb&w photographs
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.