All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are some parts of the world poor today, while others are rich? At which point in time did they diverge, and what were the reasons? These core questions are addressed in a concise and accessible introduction to global ecomic development since 1500. Leading ecomic historians from across the globe provide overviews of major world regions together with global comparison chapters and case studies highlighting key themes, individuals, processes and events. Utilising a set of common developmental indicators, the chapters address crucial issues such as how international trade and migration, institutions and flows of physical and human capital impacted ecomic growth. Richly illustrated with informative figures, maps, tables and charts, A History of the Global Ecomy summarises the key ecomic findings, debates and ideas, and provides students and the interested public with an up-to-date and engaging introduction to the origins and evolution of today's global ecomy.
- Author BiographyJoerg Baten served as Secretary General of the International Economic History Association and is still active in its Executive Committee. Recently, he was elected as president of the European Historical Economic Society. Baten created new research fields of numeracy development in long-term perspective and added a global perspective to studies on the biological stand of living (using height as indicator). He is the author of a number of articles in refereed journals. His publications include studies on all world regions.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note69 b/w illus. 19 maps 22 tables
- Weight770 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJorg Baten
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.