All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis study presents a general history of how journalism as an emerging profession became internationally organized over the past one hundred and twenty years, seen mainly through the associations founded to promote the interests of journalists around the world.
- Author BiographyKaarle Nordenstreng is Professor Emeritus of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Tampere, Finland. He has worked as a journalist in Finnish national radio, and was President of the International Organization of Journalists, 1976-90. He has written or edited sixty books, including Mapping BRICS Media (2015). Ulf Jonas Bjork is Professor and Chair of the Department of Journalism and Public Relations at Indiana University-Indianapolis, USA, where he teaches media law and journalism history. He has published numerous articles on topics such as international journalism co-operation, the U.S. immigrant press, and foreign correspondence. Frank Beyersdorf teaches European and German history at Free University of Berlin and Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany. He has published on the League of Nations, international journalism, the Cold War, and internet governance. Svennik Hoyer is Professor Emeritus of the Department for Media and Communication at the University of Oslo, Norway. He has published many journal articles on media history and communication theory, and a number of books in Norwegian. Epp Lauk is Professor of Journalism and Head of the Department of Communication at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, and Visiting Professor at Vytautas Magnus University of Kaunas, Lithuania. Her numerous international publications include topics on history and professionalization of journalism, media policy and accountability.
- Author(s)Epp Lauk,Frank Beyersdorf,Kaarle Nordenstreng,Svennik Hoyer,Ulf Jonas Bjork
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in the History of the Media
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJuan Somavia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.