All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first of four volumes on A History of the Jews and Judaism in the Second Temple Period, Lester Grabbe presents a comprehensive history of Yehud - the Aramaic name for Judah - during the Persian Period. Among the many crucial questions he addresses are: What are the sources for this period and how do we evaluate them? And how do we make them 'speak' to us through the fog of centuries? This first volume, Yehud: A History of the Persian Province of Judah offers the most up to date and comprehensive examination of the political and administrative structures; the society and ecomy; the religion, temple and cult; the developments in thought and literature; and the major political events of Judah at the time.
- Author BiographyLester L. Grabbe is Professor of Hebrew Bible and Early Judaism at the University of Hull. His other books include Like a Bird in a Cage, Did Moses Speak Attic? and Judaic Religion in the Second Temple Period.
- Author(s)Lester L. Grabbe
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/07/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe Library of Second Temple Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number47
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.