All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionIt's hard to think of any institution that more readily represents London than the Underground system. Practical, egalitarian, efficient, popular, logical, organized and yet infuriating, maddening, and confusing--it stands for everything modern life does in this great world capital. Most Londoners simply take the Tube for granted, a huge resource that links us work, friends, entertainment and every facet of life in the City. The Underground is dependable, ever present--it's that gentle giant that rumbles in the distance, those familiar red circles on the street, and yet it wasn't always like that. London wasn't always like it is today. In this special little book, meet the men who created this amazing resource, the pioneers who envisaged a joined up city and learn about the failures and successes, the secrets, the missing stations, the urban myths, and the way the Tube has become a vital part of London life. There are more fascinating facts than you can imagine. Think about London and you can't help but think about the Tube. Hop on but mind the gap.
- Author BiographyRobin Bextor is a British author and TV producer responsible for award winning films such as The British Schindler, Edward on Edward and After the Fire: the story of Windsor Castle. He wrote the multi volumed Crown and Country series based on the interlocking story of the Royal family and the history of the UK and has also written authorized biographies on Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton.
- Author(s)Robin Bextor
- PublisherDemand Media Limited
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChobham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDemand Media Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width157 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.