All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionBooks offering an overview of Dutch history are few and far between in the English-speaking world. Friso Wielenga's A History of the Netherlands: From the Sixteenth Century to the Present Day fills this gap. It offers a modern, integrated outline of Dutch history from the period in which the country took shape as a geographical, administrative and political entity and undermines the presumption that Dutch history since the 16th century was characterised by political consensus and religious toleration. Domestic and foreign politics take pride of place, interwoven with the broad lines of ecomic and cultural developments, as Wielenga uses the Netherlands' geographical location and its international relations to better understand the partially tumultuous past and present of this small land on the North Sea. A History of the Netherlands provides an authoritative, comprehensive in-depth survey and will be of great value to students of modern European history.
- Author BiographyFriso Wielenga is Director of the Centre for Dutch Studies at the Westphalian Wilhelms-University in Munster, Germany. His books on Dutch and German history as well as German-Dutch relations have been published both in Dutch and German.
- Author(s)Friso Wielenga
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byLynne Richards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.