Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of this compelling vel about why men act the way they do is the profound and affecting story of a family, of what tears them apart and what can bring them back together. Henry Porter's summer begins when his daughter Nicole-whom he hasn't seen since his wife divorced him five years ago-shows up on his doorstep. Nicole is a surprise; just graduated from high school-almost an adult-the gap between the little girl Henry once knew and the woman she has become leaves him fumbling for words. Days after Nicole arrives, Henry's girlfriend, Elizabeth, reveals that she is pregnant. Henry is speechless at these two events, throwing into sharp relief his emotional landscape. He best deals with situations like these by heading off to the racetrack in time to make the daily double, and to place a few bets. As Rick Bass writes, a beautiful and aching vel, alarming in its wisdom and treatment of one of the great terrors, loneliness, and one of the great mercies, forgiveness.
- Author BiographyRobert Bausch is the author of four novels and a collection of short stories. He has been a teacher for twenty-four years and has taught survival classes for the Air Force, and writing and literature classes. He currently teaches literature and creative writing at Northern Virginia Community College.
- Author(s)Robert Bausch
- PublisherElsevier Australia
- Date of Publication17/08/2001
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationMarrickville
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarcourt Publishers Group (Australia) Pty.Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.