All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionPoor tiny Birdie has house. But Birdie does have friends. Spike, Queenie, Goldie, and Fidget want to help Birdie find a house of his own. Birdie needs a house that isn't too tall and isn't too thin, that isn't too short and isn't too fat, and that isn't too wide and isn't too narrow. Will they find a house for Birdie before the rain falls and the wind blows? A sweet and simple story about helping out a friend explains the math concept of capacity -- what will fit in a container of a particular shape and size.
- Author BiographyStuart J. Murphy is a visual learning specialist. A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, he has a strong background in design and art direction. He also has extensive experience in the world of educational publishing. Drawing on all these talents, Stuart J. Murphy brings a unique perspective to the MathStart series. In MathStart books, pictures do more than tell stories; they teach math. Stuart J. Murphy and his wife, Nancy, live in Boston. Edward Miller has illustrated A Drop of Blood and What Happens to a Hamburger? for the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Stuart J. Murphy
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMathStart 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillus
- Weight150 g
- Width252 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Edward Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.