All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionNestled amid the lush, gently rolling hills of cattle and horse farms in Millbrook, New York, is a handsome Greek Revival house that looks like it's always been there. In fact, it is brand new - the collaborative effort of architect Peter Penyer and his wife, interior designer Katie Ridder. This irresistible book, exquisitely illustrated with photographs, finely rendered plans and hand-painted illustrations, tells the home's story. The design followed Penyer's conviction that historical examples are a springboard for the imagination and offer compelling solutions for new architecture. So, though many characteristics of the house are classical, and, more specifically, Greek Revival, it is also thoroughly contemporary and environmentally friendly, with an exuberantly colourful interior and spectacular gardens.
- Author Biography<b>Peter Pennoyer</b> s eponymous firm is widely published and recognized for imaginative and elegant designs that draw from history and tradition. The firm is on the AD100 and Pennoyer is the winner of the <i>Veranda</i> Art of Design Award and the Frederic E. Church Award. He is a fellow of the American Institute of Architects and has written and lectured about architecture and style. Peter Pennoyer Architects has projects from Hong Kong to Newport, Rhode Island, and commissions for leading artists and tastemakers across the country. <b>Katie Ridder</b> has been included in the Top 100 lists of designers for <i>House Beautiful, Elle Decor, </i> and <i>New York</i> magazine. Her firm produces fabrics, wallpaper, and rugs of her design. Architectural historian and author <b>Anne Walker</b> has collaborated with Peter Pennoyer on four monographs on the history of 20th-century American architecture. Interiors photographer <b>Eric Piasecki</b> contributes to <i>Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, and </i>many other publications.
- Author(s)Anne Walker,Katie Ridder,Peter Pennoyer
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1790 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.