All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Hurting Sport marks the tenth annual volume of Thomas Hauser's boxing articles to be published by the University of Arkansas Press. Every year, readers, sportswriters, and critics alike look forward to these collections. In 2014, Booklist observed, This annual series detailing the year in boxing should be a highlight, t only for fans of the sport but also for those who appreciate journalistic acumen and stylish prose. Other sportswriters have called Hauser the dean of fightwriters (TheSweetScience.com) and our craft's most celebrated practitioner (15Rounds.com). His readers call him one of the last real champions in boxing and one of the very best who has ever written about this sport. A Hurting Sport continues this tradition of excellence with a behind-the-scenes recounting of 2014's biggest fights, a look at Floyd Mayweather's conduct in and out of the ring, analysis of fight impresario Al Haymon's burgeoning empire, and much more.
- Author BiographyThomas Hauser is the author of many books. His first work, Missing, was made into an Academy Award-winning film. He later authored Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times, the definitive biography of the most famous fighter ever. In 2004, the Boxing Writers Association of America honored Hauser with the Nat Fleischer Award for Career Excellence in Boxing Journalism.
- Author(s)Thomas Hauser
- PublisherUniversity of Arkansas Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationFayetteville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arkansas Press
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.