All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe band playing as the ship went down is one of the most famous stories relating to the Titanic. The bravery of the band and their leader, Wallace Hartley, is one of the most poignant aspects of the worst disaster that ever happened to a British passenger liner. Who were the band? Who was Wallace Hartley and where did he come from? Not much has been written about this enigmatic bandmaster or of his part in the tragedy, but he was arguably one of the most important characters in the story of the Titanic. Yvonne Carroll has researched the life story of Wallace Hartley and has talked to a surviving relative. Here she tells his story and remembers this most British of heroes.
- Author BiographyYvonne Carroll is an amateur historian and Titanic enthusiast.
- Author(s)Yvonne Carroll
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Weight190 g
- Width120 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.