All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrating that the supposed irreconcilability of modern, critical biblical scholarship and traditional Judaism has been overstated, this proposal argues that modern biblical scholarship is t as scientific as its proponents make it out to be, while traditional Jewish exegesis is more critical than is commonly appreciated. It is a synthesis of the two, author Ben Zion Katz sustains, that allows for the most nuanced and comprehensive understanding of the Torah.
- Author BiographyBen Zion Katz is a professor of pediatrics at Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine and an attending physician at the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago. He has taught for the Florence Melton Adult Jewish Education Program of Hebrew University, the Dawn Schuman Institute for Jewish Learning, and Limmud Chicago. He has also published articles of Jewish interest in Jewish Bible Quarterly and the journal Tradition. He lives in the Chicago area.
- Author(s)Ben Zion Katz
- PublisherUrim Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintUrim Publications
- Weight421 g
- Width172 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.