All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the armchair traveler or for those looking to take a trip back to the colorful time of Henry VIII and Thomas More, A Journey Through Tudor England takes you to the palaces, castles, theatres, and abbeys to uncover the stories behind this famed era. Suzannah Lipscomb visits over fifty Tudor places, from the famous palace at Hampton Court, where dangerous court intrigue was rife, to less well-kwn houses such as Anne Boleyn's childhood home at Hever Castle, or Tutbury Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned. in the corridors of power and the courtyards of country houses, we meet the passionate but tragic Catherine Parr, Henry VIII's last wife; Lady Jane Grey, the nine-day queen; and come to understand how Sir Walter Raleigh planned his trip to the New World. Through the places that defined them, this lively and engaging book reveals the rich history of the Tudors and paints a vivid and captivating picture of what it would have been like to live in Tudor England.
- Author BiographySuzannah Lipscomb, PhD, co-presented Inside the World of Henry VIII on the History Channel. Her new three-part series on the Tower of London aired on National Geographic Channel. She is the author of 1536: The Year that Changed Henry VIII, and writes frequently for BBC History Magazine and History Today. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Suzannah Lipscomb
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Content Note16 pages of line drawings
- Weight300 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.