All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith rolling green hills and extensive woodlands, it's easy to see why the Chiltern Hills are one of the most beautiful and well visited of all England's natural wonders. Crossing five counties and covering 833 square kilometres, the Hills are home to a huge variety of habitats including chalk grasslands, scrub, river valleys, commons and farmland. This book will take the reader on a journey of the Chilterns, from its earliest settlers to today's enthusiastic trekkers, exploring how the Hills have been shaped by their occupants and, in turn, how the Hills have shaped them. Exquisitely illustrated and expertly researched, A Journey Through The Chiltern Hills is a must-read for anyone interested in this beautiful and breathtaking area.
- Author BiographyDr Jill Eyers is Director of Chiltern Archaeology and is also a part-time lecturer for the Open University and Oxford University Department of Continuing Education. She leads many courses and walks through the Chilterns. Hayley Watkins is a Buckinghamshire-based photographer who has her own photography company, with works ranging from portraiture to commercial imagery, editorial work to landscapes.
- Author(s)Hayley Watkins,Jill Eyers
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.