All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a Management Science approach to quality management in food production. Aspects of food quality, product conformance and reliability/food safety are examined, starting with wheat and ending with its value chain transformation into bread. Protein qualities that influence glycemic index levels in bread are used to compare the value chains of France and the US. With Kaizen models the book shows how changes in these characteristics are the result of management decisions made by the wheat growers in response to government policy and industry strategy. Lately, it provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply kaizen methodology and Deming's work on quality improvement to make the HACCPs (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) in food safety systems more robust.
- Author BiographyVictoria Hill has more than 15 years international engineering experience, including eight years with PespiCo, Inc. and another three teaching MBA students. Dr. Hill current work focuses on teaching quality management in food production.
- Author(s)Victoria Hill
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/04/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleContributions to Management Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note105 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight795 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.