All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHans Urs von Balthasar is widely recognized as perhaps the greatest Catholic theologian of the twentieth century. No writer has better revealed the spiritual greatness of the revelation to which the art of the church and the historic liturgies bear witness. Yet students and nspecialist readers often find Balthasar daunting and difficult. This volume is the ideal introduction to his work. It unlocks the treasure of his theology by focusing on the beautiful, the good, and the true. These are the three qualities of being around which his great trilogy--The Glory of the Lord, Theo-Drama, and Theo-Logic--revolves. Though brief, the book captures the essence of what Balthasar wished to say.
- Author BiographyAidan Nichols, OP (PhD, University of Edinburgh), of Blackfriars, Cambridge, is a lecturer at the University of Cambridge. He previously served as John Paul II Memorial Visiting Lecturer at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of Greyfriars, Oxford. He is one of the most prolific writers of theology in the English language and is the leading authority on the theology of Hans Urs von Balthasar.
- Author(s)Aidan Op Nichols
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width124 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.