All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new edition of Emmet O'Conr's classic and pioneering work on Irish labour history, providing an introduction for the general reader and a sypsis for the specialist. The first edition, which covered 1824 to 1960, has been updated to 2000 with the inclusion of three new chapters on developments in the Republic and Northern Ireland. In addition to providing a challenging overview of labour's past, O'Conr addresses industrial relations and political issues of contemporary relevance. He has taken full account of new research on Labour and argued that events in Ireland can only be understood in an international context. The text also features pen portraits of over fifty leading personalities of the left and the trade union movement. This book will be indispensable to undergraduates, labour activists, and those interested in labour's place in modern Ireland.
- Author BiographyEmmet O'Connor is senior lecturer in the School of English, History, and Politics in the University of Ulster, Magee College, Derry.
- Author(s)Emmet O'Connor
- PublisherUniversity College Dublin Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintUniversity College Dublin Press
- Content Note8pp illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.