All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionOn the cliffs of 19th-century Cornwall, a spirited, impetuous young woman is torn between the hor of her family and the longing of her heart. England, 1811 A tarnished reputation. A distant home. A forced engagement to a dangerous man. When Elizabeth Trelawny flees London, she has more than one reason to run. And when her carriage, pursued by her would-be fiance, is caught in a storm, she quickly accepts the help of a dark stranger. Anything to get back to Cornwall. But Rowan Curw is t exactly a stranger. He's t quite a gentleman either. Class disparity once kept him from courting Elizabeth ...even if it didn't keep him from kissing her. The couple elude their pursuers and reach Bastion Point, Elizabeth's future inheritance and the one place she calls home. But in the very act of spiriting her to safety, Rowan has jeopardized Elizabeth's inheritance-if her grandfather ever learns she spent the night, however incently, in the company of a man. When smugglers unite the pair in a reckless, flirtatious alliance-an alliance that both challenges the social rms Elizabeth has been raised to revere and rattles Rowan's fledgling faith in God. Elizabeth must choose between the obedience of a child and the desires of a woman: cling to the safety of her home or follow the man she loves.
- Author BiographySince she lay in bed as a child telling herself stories, bestselling, award-winning author Laurie Alice Eakes has fulfilled her dream of becoming a published author, with a degree in English and French from Asbury University and a master's degree in writing fiction from Seton Hill University. She now has nearly two dozen books in print. Laurie Alice lives with her husband in Houston, Texas, with sundry lovable dogs and cats.
- Author(s)Laurie Alice Eakes
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleA Cliffs of Cornwall Novel
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Out-of-print date15/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.