All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionStarting in the 1870s, trading posts were where Native Americans interacted with the Anglo world, bartering wool, rugs, baskets and other items they made for goods they needed. Since 1970 Ed Grazda has been searching for and photographing these buildings and in this book the reader is led on a tour showing those that are still functioning all the way to those that have succumbed to the ravages of time and neglect. A Last Glance reminds us of the fascinating relationship and close exchange of culture that once existed between Native Americans and settlers.
- Author BiographyEdward Grazda is the author of Afghanistan Diary 1992-2000 (powerHouse Books, 2000) and Afghanistan 1980-1989 (DerAlltag, 1990). His work has appeared in The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Double Take, and Granta and is in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the New York Public Library, The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and MoMA, New York among others. He has received grants from The New York Foundation for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts, and has been a MacDowell Colony Fellow four times. NY Masjid: The Mosques of New York with text by Jerrilynn Dodds and photographs by Edward Grazda was published by powerHouse Books in May 2002. In 2009, with Jeff Ladd and Valerie Sonnenthal, Ed founded Errata Editions--a publishing company dedicated to making important rare photo books accessible with its Books on Books series. Grazda teaches at The International Center of Photography in New York. Willow Roberts Powers is a retired anthropologist. She has spent a few decades in the Southwest, working on various reservations for tribes and pueblos. She knew trading posts when they were just past their heyday but still commercial centers of small communities and has interviewed traders, their customers, and many others about trading.
- Author(s)Edward Grazda,Willow Roberts Power
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight1058 g
- Width250 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.