All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBestselling author and foster carer Casey Watson tells the heartbreaking true story of a teenage mother and baby in need of a safe and loving home. At fourteen, Emma is just a child herself - and one who's never been properly mothered. She has been in foster care several times already and when she discovered she was pregnant, and refused to have an abortion, her mother threw her out of the house. Casey and her family instantly form a strong bond with Emma's baby Roman, but dealing with Emma's behaviour and constant lack of responsibility is a far tougher challenge. And before long Casey finds she's doing something she never thought she would - covering up for Emma's shortcomings as she allows her personal involvement to colour her judgement. But the more Casey gets to kw Emma the more she's convinced that with the right help and guidance this lonely and unsupported girl can become a good mother to her gorgeous little boy. That's what makes it even harder when Casey and her family have to make a stark choice: to hold on to Emma or look after Roman; to help a teenage girl desperate to turn her life around, or offer an incent baby a safe home and much-needed good start in life.
- Author BiographyCasey Watson is a specialist foster carer. She has been working in this field for eight years after giving up her position as a behaviour manager for a local school. During this time she has welcomed 14 difficult to place children into her home. As a specialist foster carer she works with profoundly damaged children, seeing each child through a specific behavioural modification programme, at the end of which they will hopefully be in the position to be returned either back to their family or into mainstream foster care. Casey combines fostering with writing, usually late at night when the rest of the family is sleeping. Casey is married with two grown-up children and three grandchildren. The name Casey Watson is a pseudonym.
- Author(s)Casey Watson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarper Element
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.