Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionPrior to his 1890 publication of the Corpus Christi Latin-Old English MS, also reissued in this series, Jan Hendrik Hessels (1836-1926) had begun transcribing this equally important text, of which his edition was published in 1906. (He explains the delay by referring to 'work of ather nature': his monumental edition of the archive of the Dutch Church in London (1887-1897), also w available in the Cambridge Library Collection.) Hessels again provides a thorough introduction, including a detailed physical description of the manuscript alongside its history, provenance, and a wealth of other information. The work contains extracts from various texts and treatises, and Hessels' cross-references to other glossaries demonstrate the importance of the Leiden MS for gloss-literature, and will be of use to philologists, scholars of Old English and medieval Latin, and historians of the medieval period.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Medieval History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJan Hendrik Hessels
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.