Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the HARDBACK version. After serving his film apprenticeship his film apprenticeship at Pinewood Studios between 1946 and 1962, Paul Hitchcock left at the invitation of United Artists to work on five of their major productions until he was later head-hunted by Paramount Pictures to oversee their entire international production arm. Subsequently as Head Of International Production for Warner Bros. for over twenty years, he oversaw scores of movies ranging from Gorillas In The Mist, Superman I & II, Batman (1989), Full Metal Jacket, Empire Of The Sun, Outland, Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange, Firefox, Little Shop of Horrors to Greystoke. There were also films that never quite made it into production, such as David Lean's version of The Bounty and his ill-fated Nostromo, and a multi-million dollar biopic of Polish President Lech Wa sa which the studio believed would be the next Driving Miss Daisy. Later as an independent Producer and Executive Producer he helmed films such as First Knight, Mission Impossible I & II, The Saint, The Man in the Iron Mask, Phantom Of The Opera and Fred Claus. This is his inside story of these and many other Hollywood blockbusters! London-born Paul Hitchcock spent most of his childhood living near Pinewood Studios, and after a chance suggestion by one of his teachers to Paul's father, he joined the studio as a junior in their accounts department. Thus began a 50 plus year involvement in the movie business. Now semi-retired Paul lives in Berkshire with his wife Lidia and along with going to the movies, is a passionate golfer. Gareth Owen has authored and ghost-written 12 film-related books and biographies, including three with Sir Roger Moore. He is based at Pinewood Studios.
- Author(s)Paul Hitchcock
- PublisherBearManor Media
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearManor Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.