Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.86+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $36.11
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in California, J. Craig Venter didn't appear to have much of a future. An unremarkable student, he nearly flunked out of high school. After being drafted into the army, he enlisted in the navy and went to Vietnam, where the life-and-death struggles he encountered as a medic piqued his interest in science and medicine. After pursuing his advanced degrees, Venter quickly established himself as a brilliant and outspoken scientist. In 1984, he joined the National Institutes of Health, where he introduced vel techniques for rapid gene discovery, and left in 1991 to form his own nprofit gemics research center, where he sequenced the first geme in history in 1995. In 1998, he anunced that he would successfully sequence the human geme years earlier and for far less money than the government-sponsored Human Geme Project would-a prediction that came to pass in 2001.A Life Decoded is the triumphant story of one of the most fascinating and controversial figures in science today. In this riveting and inspiring account, Venter tells of the unparalleled drama of the quest for the human geme, a tale that involves as much politics as science. He also reveals how he went on to be the first to read and interpret his own geme and what it will mean for all of us to do the same. He describes his recent sailing expedition to sequence microbial life in the ocean, as well as his groundbreaking attempt to create synthetic life. Here is one of the key scientific chronicles of our lifetime, as told by the man who beat the odds to make it happen.
- Author BiographyJ. Craig Venter is one of the leading scientists of the twenty-first century and president of the J. Craig Venter Institute. A pioneer in the world of genomic research, he is recognized for his visionary contributions to the field. In February 2001, Venter published the completed sequence of the human genome. He lives near Washington, D.C. Reader of over four hundred audiobooks, Dick Hill has won three coveted Audie Awards and been nominated numerous times. He is also the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. AudioFile includes Dick on their prestigious list of Golden Voices.
- Author(s)J. Craig Venter
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date14/04/2017
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Dick Hill
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time1020
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.