Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIs it surprising that a sixth-century monastic text, the Rule of St. Benedict, should be a guide for lay Christians living in today's world? In fact, the questions which St. Benedict had to face are still questions which face us today: how do I live with others? With the world? With myself? With God? How do I bring balance into my life? St. Benedict speaks to the heart, and this commentary approaches the Rule in a prayerful and reflective way. It will help many people who today are seeking a contemplative centre in a busy life. St. Benedict's writing is steeped in scripture. In the Middle Ages, his Rule was seen as a digest of the Bible. It therefore crosses the divides of the church and speaks to Christians of all deminations.
- Author BiographyEsther de Waal is a well-known author whose interests lie particularly in monastic and Celtic spirituality. Author of numerous books, her first, Seeking God: The Way of St Benedict, continues to be a bestseller and has been translated world-wide.
- Author(s)Esther De Waal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleContinuum Icons Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.