All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionSet mainly in the eighteen sixties near Chicago, A Life Worth Living is a love story. It is the story of Jane Cooper-Weatherly and the man she loves, above all else in her life. But it is also a love story of the people Jane comes to call her family. From the time Jane leaves home after caring for her ailing mother, she is free to forge her own history; but early on there are rumors of trouble with the upcoming election. A man name Abraham Lincoln is running for the presidency. Jane is thrown into harms way when she accepts a teaching interim position in town and she doesn't realize just how close to danger she truly is. And soon the country goes into Civil War. Jane's new husband, Robert, volunteers for duty as a doctor for the North, leaving Jane behind, t kwing that she is w pregnant, t kwing if he will be able to return. And Jane carries on as best she can, trusting in love to get Robert through. This story is bracketed in the beginning and end by a much older Jane reminiscing about this early time in her life. At the end, when we return from Jane's reminiscences, w 1910, we see fully that hers was a life well worth living.
- Author BiographyThis is Dorcas MacArthur's first published book. She lives in Washington State with her husband of 29 years. They have one adult son. Writing is a life long dream and after leaving the work sector, due to health disability, she had the time to sit and focus on writing. Her hobbies are oil painting, floral design, cooking and writing. Dorcas has plans to write more books. A second book is in process, a murder mystery, Recipe for Murder. She waited until later in life to publish her first book, just before her 50th birthday. It's never too late to follow a dream.
- Author(s)Dorcas MacArthur
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.