All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionJames Reese Europe is one of the most important transitional figures in American music. As a composer and band leader at the height of ragtime, he had a strong influence on the first generation of jazz musicians who were to follow. Europe's life reveals much about the role of black musicians in American culture in a period when it was presumed they had little place.
- Author BiographyReid Badger is Professor of American Studies at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. His books include The Great American Fair: The World's Columbian Exposition and American Culture.
- Author(s)Reid Badger
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication12/01/1995
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notefrontispiece, 16 pp halftones
- Weight673 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.