All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow often do we ask ourselves, 'What will make me happy? What do I really want from life?' In A Life of One's Own Marion Milner explores these questions and embarks on a seven year personal journey to discover what it is that makes her happy. On its first publication, W. H. Auden found the book 'as exciting as a detective story' and, as Milner searches out clues, the reader quickly becomes involved in the chase. Using her own personal diaries, kept over many years, she analyses moments of everyday life and discovers ways of being, of looking, of moving, that bring surprising joy - ways which can be embraced by anyone. With a new introduction by Rachel Bowlby this classic remains a great adventure in thinking and living and will be essential reading for all those interested in reflecting on the nature of their own happiness - whether readers from a literary, an artistic, a historical, an educational or a psychoanalytic/psychotherapeutic background.
- Author BiographyMarion Milner (1900-1998) was a distinguished British psychoanalyst, educationalist, autobiographer and artist.
- Author(s)Marion Milner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.