All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback: the third volume of John Richardson s magisterial <i>Life of Picasso.Here is Picasso at the height of his powers in Rome and Naples, producing the sets and costumes with Cocteau for Diaghilev s Ballets Russes, and visiting Pompei where the antique statuary fuel his obsession with classicism; in Paris, creating some of his most important sculpture and painting as part of a group that included Braque, Apollinaire, Miro, and Breton; spending summers in the South of France in the company of Gerald and Sara Murphy, Hemingway, and Fitzgerald. These are the years of his marriage to the Russian ballerina Olga Khokhlova the mother of his only legitimate child, Paulo and of his passionate affair with Marie-Therese Walter, who was, as well, his model and muse. A groundbreaking contribution to our understanding of one of the greatest artists of the twentieth century.
- Author Biography<b>John Richardson </b>is the author of a memoir, <i>The Sorcerer s Apprentice, </i>and <i>Sacred Monsters, Sacred Masters, </i>an essay collection; he also writes for <i>The New York Review of Books, The New Yorker, </i>and <i>Vanity Fair. </i>In 1995 96 he served as the Slade Professor of Fine Art at Oxford University. He divides his time between Connecticut and New York City.
- Author(s)Sir John Richardson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1143 g
- Width186 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.