All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionA true account of Kats battle with both physical and mental ill health and then a shock diagsis of Bowel Cancer. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad, at other times utterly pathetic, Kat pulls punches as she describes everything from symptoms through foul tests and treatments up to the potentially life-saving operation itself and beyond, where complications seemed never-ending. Language is t always polite either, so t for the easily offended! The book is t recommended for those going through similar. It is likely to scare them shitless for a start! Readers must remember, Kat Ward is rewned for Bad Luck, Bad Choices and Bad Coping Mechanisms. At the very least, the book may send someone to the GP to get an early test.
- Author BiographyKat Ward is still a fifty-something woman living in the depths of the countryside on the border of North Wales -- which has come as some surprise to her because, due to bowel cancer, she fully expected not to be fifty-anything. The point is, she has survived, even though she often felt she didn't want to. Kat still has the loop ileostomy, which involves walking aorund with a bag of 'poo' stuck to the outside of her abdomen. Sometimes it comes unstuck. At all times the thing is beyond gross BUT mostly, it does mean that there IS a life after cancer (and Diverticular Disease). There are now nine felines in Kat's household as well as the two dogs and varying numbers of sons -- this is subject to regular change due to universities and love-lives -- the place is still a disorganised, chaotic tip and Kat sort of drifts along in the middle of it. Kat is still writing. There is a huge bank of fiction building rapidly in the banks of her rather fuddled mind, but for now, there is just too much to be said biographically ...
- Author(s)Kat Ward
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.