All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This story will compel you to both laugh and cry, just as the title promises. May we all bring Nora's honesty, passion and hope to our lives' Lena Dunham This isn't a cancer story. It's a love story. Twenty-something Nora bounced from boyfriend to dopey 'boyfriend' until she met Aaron - a charismatic art director and comic-book nerd who made her laugh. When Aaron was diagsed with a rare form of brain cancer, they refused to let it limit their love. They got engaged on Aaron's hospital bed and had a baby boy while he was on chemo. In the period that followed, Nora and Aaron packed fifty years of marriage into the three they had, spending their time on what really mattered to them: Buffy the Vampire Slayer re-runs, each other and Beyonce. A few months later, Aaron died in Nora's arms. The wildly creative obituary they wrote during Aaron's hospice care touched the hearts of many. With It's Okay to Laugh, Nora puts a young, fresh twist on the subjects of mortality and resilience. What does it actually mean to live your own wild and precious life to the fullest? How can a marriage that contains more sickness than health be so joyful? How do you keep going when life kicks you in the gut? Deeply moving and funny, It's Okay to Laugh is a love letter to life, in all its messy glory.
- Author BiographyNora McInerny Purmort is the creator of a blog called My Husband's Tumor (listed on Tumblr's 'Big in 2014' list) and co-creator of her son Ralph, who she is currently raising to avenge his father's untimely death. Nora has been published in The Washington Post, Glamour UK, USA Today and The Huffington Post. She has also appeared on The Today Show and All Things Considered. Twitter: @noraborealis. Instagram: @noraborealis. Visit myhusbandstumor.com.
- Author(s)Nora McInerny Purmort
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight378 g
- Width172 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.